Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Baby Shower Cake | Buggy Cake

I made a baby shower cake for a friend of mine past weekend. This cake has a long story to share. I baked the cake the day before the get together and decided to decorate it late night after the kid goes to sleep. So as per plan started decorating the cake and it came pretty good . When its all done, I tried to lift it up to place the cake in the fridge, and all of a sudden I dropped it. :(  . My heart was broken completely that I could'nt think of anything else for the next half an hour. After that I did some clean up, luckily the cake was not broken, just the icing got messed up, and the wheels in the cake were broken. I manage to make two more wheels from the left over cake and somehow finished the cake again by 5.30 in the morning with  whatever left over Icing I had.

So what do u think of this Cake which got a complete makeover:(..believe me the first version came out really good..:)..But I am glad I could pull it through :)


How I made the Cake:

I baked   1 - 9 inch round  vanilla cake , and 2 -  8 inch chocolate cakes.
Cut out the shape of the buggy from the 9 inch vanilla cake. I carved the handle out of the cut out piece.
Cut two 3 inch circles out of the  8 inch chocolate cakes.

Icing used - Betty Crocker  whipped vanilla Icing for the buggy, chocolate frosting for the wheels and handle.


17 comments:

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

Awesome cake dear.Omg i can imagin ur effort for decorating the cake.U took a lot of effort so it never messit up.delicious and pretty one.I appreatiate ur patiance.

FewMinute Wonders said...

Oh God! I am so sorry that there was a mess up. But, I am so happy to see that you pulled it off nicely. Good Job! I am sure when they tasted the cake they must have felt all the love and hard work you put into it.

photo baby shower invitations said...

Incredibly beautiful and it looks delicious too!

Mahi said...

I could feel how it would be after that much work! Sorry about it, but trust me, if you didn't mention the happenings, no body will know that its the same cake.

cute n beautiful creation! :)

Reshmi said...

very beautiful cake... lot of patience there :)
Noel collections

Hema said...

Love the basket weave pattern, very beautifully done..

notyet100 said...

Cake looks so good with the frosting,..:)

Unknown said...

wow Sumi that looks superb, very professional looking and cute cake :)

Akila said...

Simply beautiful!! Goodness, I can imagine what you went through when you dropped it.

divyagcp said...

Cake has come out really beautiful!! So much hard work into that cake..

Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- Whats in your Lunch Box?
Lets Party-Breakfast

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, happy u turned them prefectly..can imagine the frustration..Btw cake looks sooo pretty and marvellous..

Cham said...

Cannot believe this one already looks cute! Gosh u ve tons of patience after dropping the cake to put everything together for a friend. Kudos 4 ur friendship :)

anjana said...

Awesome cake!!
An award is waiting for you at my space..please drop in to collect it :)

Radhika said...

First time here and happy to follow you. The cake is not only beautiful but shows the effort you have put in. Hats off. Do check out mine when you find the time.
Tickling Palates

Laavanya said...

What a really cute cake... I went through something similar to what you described... I totally understand how you must've felt. No one can tell that this cake went through any kind of "trauma" :) looks perfect.

Shylaja said...

Wow. The cake looks cute and beautiful

Jayati said...

Hey, the cake looks beautiful as well as delicious :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails