Thursday, March 01, 2012

Cilantro Yoghurt Dip

I started using this dip as a basic sauce for my pita bread sandwich.We liked it so much that nowadays I prepare this as a dip for any type of North Indian (Samosa, Aloo tikki, Pakora...) or South Indian snacks( Bhajji, Pakoda, Chilli gobi...). Its also a great way to finish off any leftover sour cream in the refrigerator, which is a nice alternative to yoghurt.

Ingredients:
2 cups Cilantro/Coriander leaves tightly packed.
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup of thick yogurt/sour cream
1 green chilli *
1 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds.
1 tblsp lemon juice.

*Increase or decrease the amount of green chillies as per your spice level.

Method:
Add all the ingredients to the blender and grind it to a smooth sauce.
Serve with your favorite snack.


Sending this delicious dip over to The Big Chutney Chow Down At  Priya's Now Serving and
The Ep- series : Herbs and Spices at Erivum Puliyum where this months theme is Cilantro and cumin.


Before ending this post I want to thank Asiya Omar for passing on this beautiful award to me
I love both her blogs in tamil and in english full of authentic recipes.
Thanks Asiya for thinking about my blog :)
I would like to pass it on some of the other wonderful bloggers that I recently came across..

Shobha Shyam of  Good Food 
Maha of  Maha's lovely home
Anu of Hot Pot Cooking
The South Indian Home
Suja Manoj at Kitchen corner 

22 comments:

kitchen queen said...

an awesome dip for any snack.

hemalata said...

Delicious dip.

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

thsi looks very simple n new to me.vl try this.n thank you so much for sharing the award vth me......

chef and her kitchen said...

I too love this kind of dip wid any snack..yummm

Hema said...

Nice flavorful and healthy dip..

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

What a lovely color this dip has...a yummy dip

Rachana said...

Delicious dip!

Mélange said...

That's an excellent combo of cilantro and yogurt..Love to try Sumi.

Unknown said...

Wow I can feel the flavour here :)

Kanan said...

its so awesome. I made using mint leaves for pita bread. next time I will try using cilantro.

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

wonderful combo, luv it

Julie said...

Very yummy n flavorful yogurt dip..
You can link this to my event

EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event
Inviting Hosts forEP Series-Herbs & Spices

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

Very yummy and easy to make dip.

Cham said...

I make the mint one but without garlic, good one with cilantro :)

khushi said...

nice dip!! will taste good with anything

Faseela said...

yummy dip

Congrats on ur award dear

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Delicious dip...perfect for many snacks..

My Kitchen Antics said...

sounds like a great dip fr kebabs and such

VineelaSiva said...

The dip looks nice .

Sobha Shyam said...

very flavourful and yummy dip...looks nice..Thanx a lot for sharing the award with me..feel so happy..following u :)

Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

Suja Manoj said...

Delicious and flavorful dip
Congrats on your award dear and thanks for sharing with me too,so sweet of you,hugs:)

Shylaja said...

Thanks for passing the award Sumi.
Delicious recipe

Related Posts with Thumbnails